- Butter (to grease)
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 80g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) grated green zucchini
- 60g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) Grated carrot
- 2 green shallots, ends trimmed,finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 40g (1/3 cup) coarsely grated jarlsberg or tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a shallow baking tin. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper and allow it to overhang.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, carrot, parsnip and shallots, and cook, stirring, for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables soften. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Combine vegetable mixture, egg, cheese and flour in a large bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Lift frittata from pan and place on a plate to cool completely. Cut into 12 fingers to serve.
Altered recipe from taste.com.au